Thursday, September 14, 2006

College Life

Well, ever since I started college, I have been a pretty happy guy. I love it. I love school, I like my job, and I have the best friends in the world. I get kinda bored with my classes sometimes though. Music is cool because it is interactive. Logic is kinda boring and complicated. Public Speaking is to much work, just let me talk. And English is cool because all we do is talk and write.

One thing that kinda sucks, as you might be able to tell, is that I like to stay up late. I am a night owl. So, on days when I don't work, I have school so I don't really get too much sleep and am tired all the time. But, at least I am having fun.

One really awkward thing happened this past week in my English class. The teacher asked us what we thought as a class were some morals that most of the class agreed on. The comments people started making were morals given to us from the Bible, which I thought was quite interesting. Our teacher also said, "Yeah, what about the 10 commandments?" And the class all agreed. Wierd.

One cool thing that did happen the week before that, was that as I was sitting in encounter (Northside's college age worship service), I looked over and saw a kid from my English class. It was a big encouragment to me to see that I wasn't alone in my faith in my class as I had thought I was.

This past Tuesday at Encounter as Jim Veihl was giving the message, he asked us to break up into small groups and talk about the "perfect" Christian that we wanted to be/make our selves into, how we were to go about doing that, and how far along the road we were. I was in a group with Phillip Miller, Phil Turner, and two people I had ever met, James and Amanda. That 15 minutes that we spent talking was such an encouragment as well. I felt that I got to open my faith and see what I wanted to do with my life and who I wanted to be.

Apart from sleep depravity, I love my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you love your life...that makes me so happy and it's what I've always wanted for you.

About Me

My photo
Sellersburg, Indiana, United States